A contest with an eye for details. Just be a member of NEWH and submit your designs. Itís that simple.
- Student membership in NEWH is required
DESIGN REQUIREMENTSUsing the CAD file (provided in PCX format) of a standard Ballroom & Pre-function area, create a design solution of your choice considering the following:
- Ballroom & Pre-function areas are to be designed as separate components, each area divided by transition stripes in the doorways (Transition Strips to be 4" solid carpet).
- Ballroom & Pre-function designs are to be different but designed to coordinate.
- Number of colors not to exceed 12 in total.
- Please think or each area as your blank canvas, designs confined only by the walls, the most innovative approach would be to avoid using surface patterns with an obvious repeat, with the exception of textural elements used to add detail and layering. We'd like to see how the entire floor space could become one large design.
Submit final patterns with photos or visuals, concept boards, sketches, write up, or other inspiration for PDI (Precision Dye Injected) carpets. Completed package to be sent to Durkan for judging.
- Market Feasibility
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Membership in NEWH is required.
- One entry per person.
- Entries cannot be returned.
- Entrants warrant that the submissions are their own original work and do not infringe the work of any third party.
- All submissions shall become the property of Durkan and/or its affiliates and Durkan and/or its affiliates shall own all copyrights and other proprietary rights created, including the creation of derivative works of such submissions. If requested by Durkan, entrants agree to sign any documents necessary to confirm Durkanís ownership of the submission.
- Durkan reserves the right to use winning entries for promotion or display. All designs will always be credited with creator's name for the life of the pattern when used for promotional purposes.
- Winner must provide a publication quality headshot.
- By entering this competition and accepting the Prize, you grant Durkan the right to edit, publish, promote, and otherwise use your entry either as submitted or in edited form without further permission, notice, or compensation, including but not limited to Durkan product catalog, website, and other media outlets.
- All entrants must complete all questions on the online Entry Form. Finalists who do not provide contact information will be eliminated from the competition.
- Professional carpet designers such as free lance designers commissioned by a carpet manufacturer or a staff designer for a carpet manufacturer are not eligible.
Deadline Friday, February 26th, 2016.